Monday, November 12, 2012

[ePalestine] Al Jazeera: Stripped of my clothes, my father, but not of my right to return (By Asma Jaber)

Al Jazeera

Stripped of my clothes, my father, but not of my right to return 

Discrimination against Palestinians is alive and well in Israel, reminiscent of Jim Crow. 

"Unbutton your pants," Sara, the stone-faced security agent at Israel's Ben Gurion airport, told me. I sobbed, choking on my words, "My dad was born in Nazareth." 

"Lift your shirt," she continued. 

"He's dying, and he can't return here," I mumbled. I thought of what my father looked like at that moment, bruised and broken from a drunk driver, unable to breathe on his own, and helpless in a hospital bed in South Carolina. 


HIstory is recording in full detail,
Sam



-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ePalestine Blog:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything about this list:

To unsubscribe, send mail to:
epalestine-unsubscribe@lists.riseup.net

To subscribe, send mail to:
epalestine-subscribe@lists.riseup.net